· 250g raw lentils
· 3 tbsp olive oil
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· 100g watercress
· 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds,toasted
· 2 fennel bulbs, halved,cored and finely sliced
· 2 grapefruits
· 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
· 1 ½ tsp honey
· 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
1. Bring the puy lentils to the boil in plenty of water and cook for 20-25 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, slice the top and bottom off each grapefruit and sit on a board. Cut away peel and white pith. Hold each grapefruit over a bowl (to catch the juice) and carefully cut between membranes to separate segments. Squeeze any remaining juice into the bowl and set the segments aside.
3. Mix together 2 tbsp of olive oil, the mustard, honey and capers, some seasoning and 3 tbsp of the grapefruit juice.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non stick frying pan over high heat and fry the mackerel fillets for 1-2 minutes each side, until just cooked.
5. When cooked, drain lentils and run under cold water tocool slightly. Drain. Toss with the fennel, watercress and dressing.