· 2 tsp olive oil
· 1 large shallot, finely chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· ¼ tsp chilli flakes
· 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
· 200ml vegetable stock
· 50g pitted black olives, halved
· 150g linguine
· 150g mackerel fillets
· 30g basil, leaves chopped, plus extra to garnish
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile,heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the shallot for 5 minutesuntil softened. Stir in the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook briefly over a high heat until they start to soften, then pour in the stock. Add the olives and bubble for 8-10 minutes until you have a rough, pulpy sauce.
3. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to pack instructions. Towards the end of this time, flake the mackerel into large pieces and add to the sauce. Cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes to heat through.