Quick Pickled Onions
1. Make the pickled onions up to two days in advance. Thinly slice the red onion into half-moons and place in a jar or small bowl with a sealable lid. Juice the limes and add to the onions, along with the salt. Seal the container, and shake. Store in your cooler.
1. Prepare the guacamole ingredients: mince the jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Prepare the tortillas. Wrap a stack of 8 tortillas in foil and set over your stove burner or campfire, flipping occasionally until they are warmed through. Or, toast each tortilla individually over the stove burner if you would like them to pick up some color. Set aside.
3. Place the defrosted prawns in a bowl and dust with the Cajun and Old Bay seasonings, tossing so that the shrimp are evenly coated.
4. Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high to high heat. As soon as the foaming subsides, add the prawns. Cook on the first side for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook until the prawns are cooked through (1-2 minutes more). Remove from the heat.
5. As the prawns are cooking, finish off the guacamole by mashing the avocado with a spoon or fork in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients plus a little bit of the lime juice from the pickled onion jar.
6. Assemble the tacos. Divide the guacamole and prawns among the tortillas. Top with the pickled red onions (about a tablespoon per taco). Enjoy!